Save $1,000s when you buy a car: Get live help from experts, exclusive data, and educational courses. Get 25% off CarEdge Data or CarEdge Coach using promo code: "gold25" for a limited time only. Learn more!
CarEdge Extended Warranty Coverage Details
Key areas of coverage
View the contract to read full terms and conditions
Battery: EV & Hybrids
A note about electronics and LCD screen coverage
LCD screens may be covered, depending on the issue. If the screen was punctured or scratched, for example tampering or accidental damage, it’s not covered.
But if your screen isn’t functioning properly, the mechanic will take your dash apart to see if you need a new LCD screen. If you do, it’s covered along with all computers and electronics. So, if other electronics stop working, like your radio, the repair is covered. But if it’s damaged, such as when a radio knob is accidentally snapped off, it isn’t.
Seals & Gaskets
Transfer Case & Transmission
- Normal wear and tear
- Tires and wheels
- The interior
- Glass, rubber stripping, squeaks, and wind noises
- A business use surcharge if you use your vehicle to work for Uber, Lyft, delivery services or if your vehicle is in a business name
- A lift surcharge if you have a lift kit that was professionally installed before you purchased the extended warranty
- Business use vehicles and vehicles with lift kits are not eligible for terms greater than 100,000 miles
Does my vehicle need an inspection?
If your vehicle is outside of its original factory bumper-to-bumper warranty, you will need to submit a pre-purchase inspection report (PPI). Here is a form of what must be inspected. We encourage you to get an inspection completed by an independent third party, and not the seller of the vehicle.
If your vehicle is Certified Pre-Owned, you may submit a certification of inspection or proof of CPO in lieu of PPI.
The PPI documents pre-existing conditions. For example, if the PPI report shows a window isn’t operating, it won’t be covered since it’s a pre-existing condition.
We have partnered with LemonSquad to help our customers obtain a PPI.
- Convenient: Lemon Squad comes to your house
- CarEdge members can receive 10% off with LemonSquad
How to make a claim
- First, go to a dealership, or AAA- or ASE- certified service center
- Bring your policy with you to show to the service advisor
- To determine the issue(s), a diagnostic assessment will be made and the info will be given to you and AUL
- If the repair is covered, you’ll only pay the deductible
How to cancel
COVERAGE YOU CAN TRUST
CarEdge Extended Warranty
Peace of mind without the markup.
Flexible terms & pricing.
Resources you need.
Here’s How to Negotiate an Extended Warranty to Save the MOST Money Possible (Role Play)
Car smarts. Right in your inbox.
Get the latest trends and money-saving strategies, once a week.
Who we are.
We began CarEdge as a father-son team with a shared vision:
Build knowledge, confidence, and trust at every stage of the vehicle buying and ownership journey for consumers.